Monday 6 July 2009

Post Exploration

I am starting to think about projects that I can do next year for my final year of my degree. I have to do two major projects for the whole year so they need to be good and they need to be researched comprehensively. My inspiration for an idea I have came from a photograph I took of an old postbox that someone had set into their garden wall.

From this photograph I produced my little Post Box etching which I absolutely adore. I love this because of it's colour, feel, shape, purpose and it's history which I am looking forward to exploring.
So I am going to be embarking on a mass research extravaganza into the post box, the postal system, stamps, mail....I am going to use the mail system as a way of creating prints...not sure how, I have a few ideas. For now I will be photographing post boxes, collecting bits that come through the post. I have found the Bath Postal Museum which I will pay a visit to for sure. I am going to be embarking on a post box voyage...a post spotting expedition. Watch this space. Many interesting things to come over the next few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment