Wednesday 22 July 2009

Nurture

A lot of my friends and family are pregnant at the moment. My cousin Karyn is due in October and another cousin is due just before that. My friend Dawn is due in early December and one of my best friends Emma is due in February. I also know of four other people who have just had or are about to have their babies. I think it is wonderful for all of them and to be honest i am quite jealous because I want a family more than anything, but I know that the time and place isn't right for us at the moment. But never fear I tell myself...my time will come...but in the meantime I am raising my own little family of my own, a bit unconventional, but my little family of herbs is coming along very nicely. I have to admit that I have completely killed my marjoram but I wouldn't know what to cook that with anyway. But my favorite is coming along very nicely.


This is my chili plant that I have grown and nurtured from seed. A few weeks ago I noticed two little white flowers forming and I have been waiting and waiting for this to happen. I have been waiting for the plant to grow and strengthen enough to support a chili and finally one lone chili has poked it's little head out to say hello.



So I am watching my little chili daily to see how she does. I will be repotting the plant very very soon to give her some space to grow (like coy in a pond) and I will be patient to wait for the chilies to go red because apparently they go green first then turn red...and when I pick my first chili I am going to eat it straight off the plant...I am sure I am going to regret it but I will have the milk at the ready to save my burning mouth. It is going to be hot hot hot...and if it isn't then I guess my chili growing venture will have failed...so keep posted...i am sure in a month or so I will have a chilli update. I'm excited...watching my babies grow...and in the the meantime I will have lots of friends with babies to go and visit for cuddles.



No comments:

Post a Comment