Sunday 19 July 2009

In My Handbag

At work I am often left waiting for ladies searching for their purses or their glasses in the bottoms of their bags...and although this slows the queue behind me I sympathise with them because I am often in the same position as my bag in huge. I always remember my mom losing stuff in hers and the bag wasn't that big. Mom always called it her 'bottomless pit' of a bag. So to minimise the confision and time wasted looking for things I keep wondering whether I can eliminate an item out of the bag so i have less things to wade through...changing my big bag isn't really an option because I love it. So this is what I have in my bag. This is the exersise of elimination.



Ipod - a daily need, whether it is in walks or in the car when there isn't much on the radio.

Glasses - needed at work, and probably everywhere else, but I only have them in my bag when i go to work.



Keys - always needed, however, my fantastical bag has an elastic attachment that I can put my keys on to avoid loss.

Moo Business Cards and Mini Cards - They don't take up much space...and it is like having a mini portfolio in my bag.



Name Badge and Locker Key - although my name is spelt incorrectly and what is in my locker you ask? Lots and Lots of work shoes...a girl needs options for her uniform and to fit her mood.

Little Bag of Goodies - Enough said

Eye Drops. Hand Cream, and Hairspray - for dry sore eyes (a regular occurrence), Dry hands (a regular occurrence), and Hairspray, for wet weather (also...a regular occurrence).

Sunglasses - because they make me look cool...haha!!!



My purse - full of receipts, not much cash, and a lot of cards (credit, debit, buisness and loyalty). I often remove all cards from my purse when i'm skint...which is usually a week after Pay Day.

My diary - to record things that I may forget about...and to organise my life.



Make-Up Bag - I feel that I carry around a lot less make-up than a lot of women. All my make-up bag consists of is cover up (because unfortunately I don't have flawless skin), Pressed powder, eyeliner, and blusher...that isn't much right!?

Mobile Phone - well what else would i put in the designated phone compartment in my bag? and it is my life line - communication, telephone directory, calculator (essential as I don't know my times tables, and don't ask me to add two or numbers over 5 together...like 8+9), alarm clock, and camera.

Umbrella - even when the sun is shining!

Camera - although i regularly forget this and end up shooting with my phone camera...which isn't too bad.

I have come to the conclusion that I do need these things one way or another. I could play it by ear a bit more and not take my umbrella out with me on sunny mornings or leave my sunglasses at home when it is raining...but the weather is too unpredictable in this place. I would always find myself with either a headache from the blinding sun or soaking wet without my umbrella. So my exersize of elimination has failed as I am not eliminating anything out of my bag...but I feel happy in my conclusion that I do in fact need everything in my bag...right?

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed. Not only with the handbag story but with all your blogs. Apart from the odd spelling mistake I love your way of writing. I think that you don't have to be wise to be clever so who needs wisdom teeth anyway. I still have two and they have not made any difference - or have they?
    Ever thought of writing a column for a local newspaper on a freelance basis?
    xx

    ReplyDelete