Wednesday 8 July 2009

Food Glorious Food

I have been thinking about food...actually I am always thinking about food. I love it and will always enjoy a good meal. I love cooking, I love going out to eat and I even enjoy the odd cheeky take away. I do feel I am a rare breed in that I will eat anything and everything. I will always try anything once...food wise. (I am not going to try crack cocaine or jump out of a plane)...ok maybe I will jump out of a plane...slim slim chance. Anyway! ...i think in this day and age it is way too easy to be a picky eater! My mom made me eat all my vegetables and taught me to try food, if only once. The only thing she didn't insist we eat were sprouts...which, by the way, I now love. I am a veggie freak and love them. My favorite lunches are when I am home and I will have a piece of fish with grilled vegetables. Yum!! and I love avocado on toast or in a salad, my favorite breakfast is All Bran Flakes with fresh banana and cold skimmed milk. Yum! If I have more than two days without vegetables i feel all bloated and yuck!


So it does make me wonder why people can let themselves get the obesity. I was watching a tv programme about really obese women who go and have gastric bands fitted and gastric bypass surgery. All of them say that they have tried absolutely everything to lose weight and they just couldn't do it! Surely they didn't try a balanced three meal 2000 calories per day regime with regular exercise...even if it is a half an hour walk a day! I think it is absolute rubbish that they can't lose weight! But am I speaking from an educated background? Do these people just not know? Why aren't schools educating children from a young age about basic nutrition...about the food pyramid? Yes Chips are great! I love chips...chips are better than cheese...but not every meal!! Another thing I don't understand is why unhealthy food is much much cheaper than healthy food? A bag of crisps is cheaper than a portion of fruit. I am not saying I am perfect. Yes i pig out and have bad weeks...but I will have good weeks after that and it balances out. I was having a rant about picky eaters today with friends and how infuriating it is. so rant is over...i'm gonna go have some chips now...hehe...only kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment