Tuesday 7 July 2009

Goodbye to Wisdom

Today I had my last wisdom tooth extracted and out of all four this one was the worst. It just didn't seem to want to budge as though it was trying desperately to hang on for dear life. My dentist was muttering at it and practically hanging off the thing.

So is this the end of wisdom? Has a part of my adulthood been taken away...or worse...is this the first stage of old age...my grandfather is completely toothless now. Four teeth out, 28 to go. I am, after all, drinking my tea and beer out of a straw.

Is wisdom measured in teeth? My wisdom has been extracted. I didn't have these special teeth for very long. The bottom two were taken when I was 19, my first lower one left last year and now the last today. It is a sad day...but i have a souvenir. My dentist was examining the tooth so closely once it had come out...he seemed almost reluctant to give it to...like it was his precious...or was it a moment of victory? I brought my tooth home last year but lost it...so it could be anywhere. Hiding. So now i will see if there is wisdom linked to teeth. I have none to hang on to anymore...just my lonely little tooth in it's little transparent bag.

I wonder if i still need to brush it?




No comments:

Post a Comment