Wednesday 24 June 2009

So Many Inspirational Things

I have been busy browsing the blog scene over the last few days and I am so amazed at how many artistic and talented people are out there...and I find it so inspirational and a total breath of fresh air! I kind of lead two lives...I am a full time printmaking student and a part time bank employee. I don't think I could have got involved in two completely separate things. During the academic year I am in my element and surrounded by so many talented people. I love sitting and chatting with my classmates and sharing different techniques and ideas with them. It is where I feel most comfortable. But now during the summer break I am left, void of all creativity. I work more at the bank and do little to no creative work at all (at least that is what it was like last year) and I had no creative outlet. My work friends always try and ask me about my course and what I am writing my essays on...but when I start talking about printmaking techniques and Goya they get that glazed confused look on their faces. I don't mind at all and I love them for the effort but it makes a difference talking to people who know what I am talking about. Last summer I didn't do any art work and I kind of regret it now so I am going to make up for it this summer. So I have been surfing the blogs and these are some of the amazing things I have found so far:

Shapes and Shapes - Ashley Goldberg

I love this piece because of it's collage effect and the multi-layered colours. I love the semi-circle shapes on the right hand side. It is such a simple yet effective way of mark making.

Bird Land Print - Helen Acraman

Now I know that this is a bit bizarre but bare with me. For me it has a Ernst Haeckel feeling to it. The plants look like they have come out of the sea and the block coloured shapes are reminiscent to Haeckel's Lithographic plates.


London 2 & Chelsea - Stephanie Levi

These I love because of the multi patterns in the print. There is a whole series of different interiors inspired by the artists travels. Check out her blog here.



...and i LOVE these. They are called Studio Scrap Packs by Art School Girl. The one above is for little girls. The packs are made up from old children's books, pictures, sequins, stamps etc. The idea behind them is for children to be creative with the contents and make their own pictures using the contents. I am sure adults could have just as much fun with it..i certainly would.

So just from these few examples I have been truly inspired. No doubt I will be adding more in time as I find them. Thank You to all those people out there. I truly feel that you will get me through these summer months.

No comments:

Post a Comment