Tuesday 23 June 2009

I do my best in the sunshine...

Today was one of those absolutely gorgeous days when the sun shines from dawn with no clouds in the sky and doesn't set until 10pm. These are the days I am at my most happiest. I think that no matter how bad things are in your life, when the sun shines it takes all your troubles away...even if it's just for a day.

I went on a bike ride to visit my Poppy Field again. I am calling it mine because there wasn't another soul in sight. Just me and the sea of poppy flowers (and the occasional bird and a bumble bee who kept following me around...I have called him Bee).


It was so peaceful and beautiful. I could have stayed there all day however it was very hot in the sun and unfortunately poppies don't provide much shade.

After I came out of the field I rode over to Boxley Church and walked around the graveyard. Again not a soul in sight (so i guess it was all mine for the 20 minutes i was there.) The most recent grave I saw was 2007...next time I am going to find the oldest date...most of the gravestones have lost their inscriptions though...maybe a bit of carbon dating is needed. Are children's carbon dating kits available. That would be exactly what I need if it existed.


This is one of the most quiet places out in the countryside. It is such a peaceful place to be buried. Walking around you never really know whether you are walking on someones grave. The plots are so old and the gravestones are all randomly placed around the grounds. Graveyards these days are all organised and lined in symmetrical rows. But then I figured that the bodies would have been completely consumed by the worms by now so I didn't feel like I was being too disrespectful.





The gate to the grounds was beautiful. It was solid wood with chunky iron hinges and handle. When I get my own house my gates are going to be like that...and here continues the image in my head for my perfect abode...one day! And then I will be able to enjoy the sun in my own garden and have my own day in the sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment