Wednesday 17 June 2009

Blogging

Now that I have my proper web-page sorted out www.stephnietrobec.co.uk  I am going to use my blogger page for blogging...which is what it is for right!?? I am sure I have lots of things going on in my life and more importantly in my head that I can splurge onto a page. So here it goes:

At the moment I have work up in two exhibitions which is very exciting. The first one that opened is at uni. It is an exhibition of artists' books entitled 'some books are for tasting'



I have two pieces in this exhibition. My matchbox books and my scarf book. I have had such positive feedback about both pieces which makes me feel very proud and warm inside. I put so much time into these pieces so I am chuffed to bits. This exhibition may be traveling to Poland and to Colombia in September sometime. Watch this space.

The second exhibition is 'Printing Edge Part II' at the RK Burt Gallery on Union Street in London It is an exhibition of Prints by my classmates and I as part of an assessment. Last year was Part I...hence the Part II this year. 

So we hung the exhibition on Monday 8 June 09 and had the exhibition Private View on the Tuesday. I think the day was a huge success. 

So many people showed up. It is great to see that loads of people's friends and family showed up. Unfortunately my family weren't there as they are all spread all over the world but I know they were there in spirit. I sent them all invites to the private view...even though I knew that they couldn't make it I got a sad twinge when everyone had their people around them and I didn't. It's hard but this is how it is and has been for a long time. 


I have four pieces in the exhibition. All my pieces are small which i think was a mistake...but i love them none the less. Must think 'big' in future...they exhibit better. But that is next years exhibition to think about. 



No comments:

Post a Comment