Sunday 21 June 2009

She takes my breath away every time



I was going through my iPhoto library today and stumbled upon my holiday photos from when I went home to South Africa in March 08. My heart went thlurp...a pang of wanting, a sadness of 'God I want to be there again.' But who wouldn't want to be here...


She takes my breath away every time I see her

she is fresh summer breezes
she is vast landscapes
she is crashing waves on endless sandy beaches
she is when it rains it really really rains
she is hot summer days
she is mild winter afternoons
she is open plains
she is mountainous landscapes
she is blue blue sky
she is the brightest sunshine
she is growing up
she is family
she has my heart
she always takes my breath away


So what do I do when I so desperately want to go back? I look at photos and consult my memories. And then the need has been satisfied for a little while and I get on with my life here. There is always hope and I can live on hope.


1 comment:

  1. The raw landscapes of South Africa are in a way more alluring than the never-the-less beautifully ordered spaces in Britian. The reason could be that Africa is rugged and a bit frightening. You never feel totally in control of it.
    Thank you for sharing all of this. You have inspired me too.

    ReplyDelete