Tuesday 20 April 2010

Fresh Eggs

Today I went to Penny's house and came back with half a dozen free range eggs produced by her three chickens who live at the back of her garden. Obviously I knew that eggs came from chickens, but to see the fresh eggs being taken out from their hutch was quite astonishing. I was like 'wow, did your chickens really produce those?' Penny just giggled and replied, "well of course, I wouldn't keep the chickens otherwise!'


Each chicken lays the same type of eggs every time. The white chicken lays the white egg, the brown chicken lays the speckled eggs and the smaller black chicken lays the smaller round eggs. hehe!

So I made my way home and made a spinach quiche with my new special eggs. The colour of the yolks were a luscious vibrant yellow. It made my quiche filling yellow and fluffy and of course it was delicious. I have now decided that one day I will have my own chickens to lay me lots of lovely fresh eggs. Now I just have to break the news to my other half!

1 comment:

  1. makes me wish i had some eggs, i am gonna get some seeds from native seed search though, we all can do our little parts

    ReplyDelete