Monday 26 April 2010

Crabbing



Yesterday Phil and I were invited to go crabbing on Mudeford Quay. The idea was that the weather was meant to be sunny and beautiful but in true English weather style it didn't really turn out that way. It was cold, and to say it was windy would be an understatement. Nothing a little perseverance and a large hot take away cup of tea didn't fix though.


The water had a weird mist hanging over it which made it very eery, as though something was on its way in from outer sea. I was a bit annoyed with myself that I didn't have my proper camera with me bit still pleased that my trusty mobile phone was in my pocket! I will be revisiting the quay properly camera-ed up though. There were definitely a number of Kodak moments to be had.

. . . As for the crabbing....well, the thought of attaching shredded mackerel onto a sharp jagged barbed fishing hook didn't really appeal to me in the slightest. Those crabs were having an absolute feast however! They must be little fat beasts living under the water there...they hardly get caught, clever little buggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment