Tuesday 28 June 2011

New Postcard Mail Art Project


After the success of my first Mail Art project last year I have started another in collaboration with Wey Valley School in Weymouth. The projected initiated as part of Aim Higher's 'Meet the Creator' programme where a group of students, including myself, from Arts University College Bournemouth visited different schools around Dorset to promote the benefits of higher education. As part of the talk I gave I asked the students to design a postcard, onto which I would then add my own artwork/designs/collages and then post them through the mail so that the mail system added their own marks too them.

The theme is simply 'The Alphabet.' The postcards will then be bound into an artists' book.

The following posts will show a before and after of each postcard. When the book is completed I will then post photographs for you all to see. Thank you to all the students who have taken part. I apologise in advance if I get the spellings of your names incorrect. Some handwriting has been difficult to decipher.

The second series of postcards from Royal Manor Art College, Portland will follow in the next few weeks.

*Smiley Face Linocut* - I have taken a few prints...when it is dry I will scan it in and post the photo for you all to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment